Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First Days of shooting

Hello all,

I wanted to blog last night, but after a long day of travel and a long night of hunting for buses I was exhausted and not looking forward to getting up early the next morning.

Today I have one blister (so far) a light sunburn and a handful of fantastic images. I think I could go home happy now, but I have a whole week left to work.

We started out this morning in the Holy Cross neighborhood shooting houses that are still damaged after the flood, Many people have started to come back, others are still working on their houses, and still others have not even start. Many of the houses still bare the tell tale signs of the x left by search crews. Many houses look good as new except for the spray panted light, I have to wonder if these marks are left intentionally, almost like a battle wound, telling the world "I lived, I fought, and I'm home".

In the evening we hung out in the French Quarter photographing people on the street as well as some beautiful architecture.




It's hard to see but on a small thumbnail, the marks above the house say there were three dead in this house. It was a strange feeling; this was the first and so far the only houses we've seen were victims were found inside. As we drive from site to sight, you can feel your eyes being pulled to my marks looking and hoping to see another spray painted zero. Thank God for the zeros.





In Holy Cross we met Ms. Stacy she told about the neighborhood the picture above is of the pilet house she mentions.



No comments: